“I’m here for fellow writers, for would-be writers, and for readers open to Faith in the One True God.”
In 2000 the LORD’s millennium challenge to Sarah was to write.
“So I started…
“I wrote my first novel over the course of the year. In Search of Grace may never see the light of day, but it taught me that I had the discipline to write. It also taught me a book requires many drafts and lots of peer and professional input to create an excellent piece of literature. Years on, I’ve published 5 titles under my name and written another as a ghost writer, as well as copious blog posts on my own and others’ platforms. I have learned the art of drafting. I’m available to teach you too.”
“As years have passed and my portfolio has grown, I have moved from encouraging others through my writing, to encouraging others to write as they are led of the LORD.” I believe wholeheartedly we need to move as led of the Spirit of GOD and do so now!
I stand on scripture – and the wisdom of others who have gone before me – to coach you.
“One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to SOAR.” Helen Keller (www.christianquotes.info)
“Trust in the LORD and lean not on your own understanding; in all ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3:4-5)
2017 finished with Sarah and husband Alan Tun being awarded Honorary Doctorates by Excel University, UK and becoming ordained as Pastor – Reverends. New things are now brewing…
The journey continues as Alan Tun and Sarah Tun move together into structured joint ministry, “to the Jew first and also to the Gentile”. Look out for their joint website to go on-line soon!
LARUS PRESS will continue… but perhaps in a revised form. So far, it is the LORD who knows.
“Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit says the Lord of hosts” Zechariah 4:6″
Why a GULL as a logo… and what is LARUS PRESS?
Larus is Latin for Gull.
“I’ve always loved gulls. I grew up in Northern Ontario near a big lake where herring hulls were all around me. I moved to other areas in my teens and university years, near the Great Lakes of Erie and Ontario… and more gulls.
In times of distress, even before I knew Jesus, I would watch the gulls and envy their freedom. Yes, I have lived my share of disappointments. But I always knew gulls had something I wanted… because gulls are survivors and they soar.
I’ve learned to soar and so I encourage all Believers to soar into their destiny, their unique purpose in Christ.
…but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
- Philippians 3:13b-14 NKJV
The year 2018 will soon draw to a close. Each year brings new things. But this year, like no other, I have a sense of urgency to run my race and to urge others to do the same, without delay. We must “run the race set before us” by the “author and finisher of our faith”. (Hebrews 12:1-2)
SOMETHING NEW: www.AuthorsCommunity.net is a network for writers. It is three years old, and although it started out secular, so as to exclude no one, it has organically become a predominantly Christian platform. Based in the US and conceived by Sarah’s co-writer, Tom Blubaugh, it is a wonderful free* network for anyone seeking camaraderie and connection with fellow writers. It has its own ebook Christian site for members who would like to post and advertise their family friendly books. Reader membership will be soon be introduced too, as a part of Authors Community, so they can find books which are suitable for the Christian walk, books for children and adults alike. Members of Authors Community will be invited to participate in the weekly LIVE FORUM, a new addition to the existing Discussion Forum whose format is currently written. What is available is almost endless, as the LORD leads and develops this opportunity for writers, particularly Christian writers, to link up, to partner with, to share together as they fulfil their unique calling and purpose. Please check it out!
Sarah Tun is a staff member and whole-heartedly endorses the work and ministry of this platform. One day, publishing as a Christian may become impossible on the open market. At present, our faith already brings with it unique obstacles in the world. But fear not. The Son has overcome the world! (John 16:32-33)
* there is a free starter level and 2 further paid levels. No time limit and no restrictions – members can shift from one level to another as their needs shift.
Larus Press books are for an over-arching purpose: to encourage each reader to be all s/he has been created to be. Well-written personal growth books and high standard literary fiction is offered to readers: to inspire, encourage, equip and empower, motivating readers to strive for their own excellence. Books and blogs range from the overtly Christian to the more subtle messages sympathetic to our Christian values and principles.
No believer should be held back from achieving all s/he has been called to achieve. Larus Press books ‘have a way’ of inspiring readers to overcome and to soar into their destiny.
Non-fiction: Spiritual and interpersonal growth is key to growing in the likeness of Christ and fulfilling your ministry. Knowing our faith and its origins is a key to our own growth and sharing our faith with others. Understanding the world but refraining from being swept up in it is important to our spiritual maturity.
Fiction: Storylines seek to deepen the reader’s awareness of God, the Truth of His love and justice, sparking questions or instilling a sense of higher purpose for the reader. Children’s fiction offers an alternative to dark and moody books about superstition or the occult, encouraging the imagination of the youth and upholding their innocence. Sarah’s alternative supernatural fantasy is on current release: “Confronting the Darkness” has been compared to works of JRR Tolkien, CS Lewis and Madeleine L’Engle (“A Wrinkle in Time”). The toddler book “The Faithful Prince” introduces worship to the very young in a fun and exciting way.
From Sarah: I have come through “the fire”. The LORD has given me tools through experience and suffering, to ensure I overcome any obstacle as it arises – emotional, relational or spiritual. I offer you these tools. My desire is to see every Believer free, confident, equipped and operating in GOD’s Calling.
- 30+ years following Christ
- Disowned by biological family
- Honorary Doctorate of Ministry, Excel University
- Ordained Pastor and Minister of Religion
- Presenter and Production – Revelation TV, UK
- World travel and outreach
- BaHonours and BEducation
- Diploma in Theology (YWAM Discipleship Training)
- Spiritual Gifting: Discernment
- Spiritual Calling: Watchman
- Sarah’s Statement of Faith:
- I believe in GOD, also known as the Father, Yehovah, also “I Am”, who is creator of the universe, and in His son, Yeshua — Jesus, who was born of a virgin, Mary. I believe Yeshua lived and did many miracles; then he died on the cross of crucifixion but was raised from the dead 3 days later, and now sits next to God the Father in heaven. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the power and presence of Yehovah, given to every Believer in Yeshua, God’s only begotten son. I believe in the Holy Bible as the inspired word of GOD. I believe all who believe in and follow Yeshua are restored to the Father / saved by their faith, which is given to them by Yehovah, and that they will have everlasting life.
- I believe in the restoration of the Hebraic Roots to Faith in the Creator of the Universe. I believe Yeshua — Jesus was Jewish and practised his Faith as designed by the Father and that he asks us to do the same. I do not believe this is legalism but is a part of our Faith which was lost in 325 AD when the Western Church was deliberately separated from its Jewish roots as an act of anti-semitism and that the Father wishes that relationship restored and His festivals and calendar to be restored to the Church.